Metallurgical Lab Technician – Tomball, TX
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking candidates for an experienced Metallurgical Lab Technician position for a chemical company in Tomball, TX.
- Perform various analyses in the Metallurgical / Corrosion Coupon Testing area in the Analytical Services Laboratory
- Instruments/methods include band saw, cut-off wheel, metal cleaning equipment, hardness testing equipment, digital photography equipment, metallographic microscopes, stereomicroscopes, and micrometers
- Run assigned daily tasks, insuring the accuracy of analytical results, with limited supervision
- Understand and follow SOPs accurately
- Demonstrate flexibility, independence, and technical ability in more than one technical area
- Meet productivity and quality goals
- Embrace safety and environmental polices / procedures
- AS or BS in Chemistry or related field
- Minimum of 1 year of laboratory experience in the above analytical testing and equipment
- Proficiency in the use of hand tools and other cutting / metal sample prep equipment
- Must be able to lift and move heavy objects weighing 25 pounds
- Communicate effectively with others in the form of reports and daily interactions
- Efficient use of laboratory software used for data analysis and reporting
- Manage time effectively on various projects
- Self-starter and diligent worker on assigned tasks
This is a 6 month temporary position that could be extended or possibly hired by our customer based on business needs. The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website