Microbiology Lab Supervisor (Food)
Horsham, PA (Relocation Available)
Kelly Science has an incredible direct-hire opportunity for an experienced microbiology professional within the food industry. This is a great fit for someone with previous leadership/supervisory experience who is looking to grow long-term with a leader in food safety/quality. This role is responsible for leading and supporting daily operations
- Organize and execute daily laboratory operations to ensure that resources are effectively scheduled to deliver on customer commitments in a way that is compliant with the quality system, established protocols and procedures and corporate policies.
- Ensure that client results are analyzed and approved by qualified individuals within established turnaround times, ensuring that traceability and documentation requirements are unfailingly met.
- Support result interpretation and, when appropriate, involve other experts in the interpretation and communication of results.
- Review and authorize test results, supporting sample analysis troubleshooting and client specific requests.
- Support Laboratory Manager and/or Director in laboratory operations by providing critical analysis of laboratory metrics, thorough investigation of quality issues, including effectiveness evaluation of corrective actions, suggestions for improvement and support for planning and budgeting processes.
- Ensure that all staff are trained in a way that supports the quality of work being produced and that all training is documented.
- Ensure there is a plan to keep the laboratory staffed sustainably by developing succession plans and recruiting strategies are developed, implemented and evaluated on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Engage the staff in the ongoing improvement of the laboratory, by involving them in changes being made and encouraging them to contribute their Bright Ideas. Support the qualification of any ideas with merit.
- Develop staff by proving meaningful and constructive feedback on an ongoing basis and in the context of the performance review process. Ensure that policies with respect to performance reviews are strictly adhered to. Ensure that hire/fire/discipline practices are carried out in a fair, clear and compliant way. Ensure the proactive involvement of management and HR in all appropriate cases.
- Guide resolution of administrative, technical or interpersonal problems. Seek support from within the organization for technical, quality, procedural and any other issues.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and/or minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience.
- Previous experience within contract/3rd party laboratory organizations highly prevered.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team.
- Positive outlook with the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- High attention to detail and level of quality.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website