Molecular Lab Technician
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Molecular Lab Technician in the Houston area for one of our top clients in biotechnology. The MLT will perform complex technical work involving molecular analysis of human biological materials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate specimens received by the department and organize workflow to provide optimum efficiency of testing and turnaround time of results
- Extract, denature and purify DNA from assorted specimen types
- Perform PCR, hybridization, and genetic sequencing methods
- Evaluate results to determine interference, inhibition, or other problems that arise during extraction, amplification, or sequencing of DNA
- Perform quality control, validation, and other quality activities to verify performance of clinical assays
- Maintain equipment by performing assigned maintenance activities and troubleshoot unexpected problems with equipment
- Record data to monitor temperatures of incubation equipment
- Evaluate inventory of supplies and reagents and communicate order needs
- Operate complex equipment and computer programs related to equipment and LIS system
- Maintain records of test results and archives of data
- Perform proficiency testing to maintain compliance with regulatory agencies
- Assist department in writing and maintaining standard operating procedures for clinical assays. Document knowledge by reviewing and signing SOPs annually
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS degree in Medical Technology, Biological Science or related field
- Certification with the American Society of Clinical Pathologist or Licensed MT (ASCP), MB (ASCP) preferred.
- 1+ year of experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- CLIA/COLA experience preferred
- Understanding of QC and QA within a clinical laboratory setting
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website