Operations Manager (Forging) - Georgetown, KY
- Develop a strong teamwork environment.
- Develop group leaders and holding team members accountable for their actions.
- Identify root cause of shift turnover and develop countermeasures to correct those issues.
- Train new team members in all aspects of the job.
- Administer disciplinary measure to team members who break policy and procedures.
- Develop action plans to correct inefficiencies within all areas of manufacturing.
- Direct across multiple departments in order to maximize troubleshooting efforts.
- Identify key variables within the shift that are hindering metric achievement.
- Collect data and putting that data into a presentable format for upper management.
- Develop countermeasures to address failures and track the countermeasure to determine success.
- Confidently direct up to 60 team members on shift.
- Track performance of team member and give prompt feedback to how they need to improve and what they are doing successfully.
- Hold meetings with team members and present management directives as well as training material.
- Communicate in management meetings and show plans for necessary performance improvements.
- Communicate required quality metrics and drive activities to adhere to process requirements. This includes auditing process work instructions and verifying all functions are being accurately completed.
- Read blue prints and train employees on key factors affecting quality with the shift.
- Teach and foster a kaizen environment.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in engineering, management, or quality. Forging experience a plus.
- Six Sigma green belt or higher. Quality training or formal troubleshooting training will be considered.
- Proven ability to manage and sustain a 5S program.
- Must have mastery of the PDCA cycle and ability to implement and follow through on the process.
- Must have strong computer skills: (Microsoft Office)
- Must have prior experience within a quality driven role. This would include understanding part specification and customer specification requirements.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Demonstrated progression with increasing responsibility within an organization.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website