Paraprofessional (Teacher's Aide), Wayne Township
Start making a difference one school day at a time as a substitute paraprofessional. This is a phenomenal opportunity to be a mentor and help students become the best versions of themselves. Substitute paraprofessionals are essential to helping students in our community learn and grow every day.
Provide classroom assistance to the teacher, supporting the needs of general education or special needs students; by helping teachers increase valuable instruction time by working with students and helping them keep pace with their peers. While also helping students improve their social skills.Responsibilities:
- Implementing educational programs, activities, and services with students of varying ages, and reinforcing learning concepts presented through lesson plans—individually or in small groups. As well as grading homework and tests (computing/tabulating results) using answer sheets or other methods the school employs.
- Ensure adequate supervision of students and classroom environment to assure health, welfare, and safety of students, including ensuring students are never left unattended in the classroom. Reporting student injury, accidents, illness, and field problems to district/school personnel immediately.
- Understand, address, and be sensitive with each student, recognizing differences in their abilities and cognitive levels
- High school diploma and 21 years of age -OR-
- High school diploma and paraprofessional exam
Paras should have effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. They should have the ability to follow oral and written directions and establish effective working relationships with the school staff. Working as a para may require frequent walking, standing, stooping, and lifting up to 25 lbs.; other physical activities may be required
As a Kelly Education Substitute Paraprofessional, you will have access to outstanding perks, including:
- Free online classroom management training to help you become a capable, confident classroom leader. Free ongoing professional development to keep your skills sharp. Paid orientation on procedures and policies of the district; so you understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay and Direct Deposit. Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term positions.
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees. Group insurance options* Offered and administered by EnrollVB. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly.
- Build a work schedule that works for you. We are very flexible; you can make your own schedule. Enjoy work-life balance. Ability to select your preferred school locations. We cover 9 Indianapolis school districts, and 13 charter schools. Positively impact the education of students in your own community.
- Referral Bonus Program: earn a $100 Referral Bonus for every person you refer that completes 5 days of work.
Call to set up an interview time 317-988-8158 OR schedule using one of the links below.
https://calendly.com/ales132-1kellyeducation/15min (schedule phone interview)
https://calendly.com/ales132-1kellyeducation/in-person (schedule in person interview)
Share this job if you know someone who would make a great substitute paraprofessional. We're always looking for more role models!
Our commitment to you:
Kelly® Education is committed to our substitute employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education operates under the collective guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state officials, and school district administration, and we ensure our employees are adequately protected by school district policies and procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.Why Kelly®
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly® Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local schools. Whether you're looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role—we'll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you're new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website