Patient Services Assistant in Canandaigua, NY
The Patient Services Assistant assures that all patient related services are performed in a matter that supports practice guidelines for patient satisfaction and customer services as well as supporting practice requirements for documentation. This is a temp to hire position, Monday through Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM, wage starts at $15/hour and could pay more based on experience. Must have a positive attitude and be a team player!
- Greets all patients warmly upon their arrival, checking all relevant patient information
- After greeting patients, directs patient to waiting area and offers refreshments
- Communicates with Clinical Staff
- Communicating insurance coverage exceptions as necessary to patients
- Checks patients out upon completion of visit while explaining and collecting relevant charges
- Upon checkout, makes appointments as necessary
- Responsible for knowing all insurance benefit options and we are a participating provider
- Registers new patients as necessary
- Opens and closes practice when scheduled
- Maintains responsibility for cash drawer, including daily balancing
- Completes credit card close-out process daily
- Supports all practice hours as assigned within a 40-hour limit (may include evenings or weekends)
- Assures waiting room is neat and coffee urns are filled
- Checks eligibility for routine examination and eyewear coverage
- Confirms patient insurance information, including subscriber numbers, co-pays and insurance product
- Assists Optical department in seating patients, making telephone calls and assisting with checkout
- Monitors patient flow and assists provider in loading exam rooms if needed
- Performs special testing as required
- Completes additional duties/projects as assigned
- High level of organization
- Ability to maintain customer focus in fast paced environment
- Pleasant voice and demeanor
- Keyboarding experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Excellent telephone skills
- Strong understanding of customer service
- Willingness to be flexible for hours and duties
- Ability to be a team player
- Familiarity with MEDENT preferred, but not required
After Being Hired On (converted from a Kelly temp):
- Excellent benefit package including
- Paid time off
- Free yearly eyewear
- Uniform allowance
- Reduced pricing for refractive surgery or cosmetic procedures
- Wage increases based on certifications, longevity, and performance
- Super performers will have opportunities to advance and cross-train
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website