Kelly Services is recruiting for a 12 month temp-to-permanent Pharmacology Scientist in Bridgewater, NJ.
- With guidance from the advisor, plans, initiates and executes scientific research and experiments and interprets and communicates results as part of multi-disciplinary teams. This includes performing analyses of primary research literature.
- Abides by all safety and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains a detailed laboratory notebook.
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Abides by all safety requirements and IACUC guidelines
- Maintains accurate records
- Multi staining fluorescent immunohistochemistry
- Process both fixed and frozen tissues independently
- Paraffin embedding and processing independently
- Operates all instruments e.g. Leica Cryostat/ Microscope equipment according to accepted written procedures and recognizes and identifies instrument/ equipment problems independently.
- Isolate DNA/RNA and perform PCR and qPCR
- Isolate protein and perform Western blotting and ELISA
- Perform cell culture experiments.
- Contributes to general lab needs such as: Equipment maintenance. Capital equipment purchases. Troubleshoot
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a scientific discipline, preferably Biology, Neuroscience, Cell Biology or Biochemistry with 1-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in processing tissue to slide.
- Experience in SE61s
- Experience in DNA, RNA, and protein isolation
- Working knowledge on Western blotting PCR, and qPCR
- Working knowledge on mammalian cell culture
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, and the ability to collaborate with others on cross functional teams in a fast-paced, matrixed, environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Possesses knowledge of scientific principles and concepts and keeps current and utilize relevant scientific literature.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Effective verbal and written communication and skills.
- Analytical thinker with problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Effective planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume in a WORD document to email@example.com
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website