Facility: Smyrna, TN
Position: Production Operator
Job Summary: Assembles blow molded fuel systems. Performs multiple jobs within the production area on automated and semi-automated equipment. Work environment is fast paced, light industrial.
This is a regular, full-time hourly non-exempt position.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports directly to the Shift Supervisor. May also receive direction from the designated line leader and Site Management staff
1. Authority and responsibility to stop production when a quality or safety issue arises.
2. Removes flash from blow molded tank, inspects visually for defects, weighs tank, and places tank into post-mold cooling fixtures.
3. Operates computer systems to identify tank production data.
4. Perform Quality Inspections and records data.
5. Position requires, walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing.
6. Works within the operator classification on all production lines and stations for job rotations.
7. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis; requires working under high temperature at certain times
1. Work in accordance with Standard Work Instructions and Quality Alerts.
2. Keep assigned area and equipment clean, safe and orderly.
3. Records and reports any equipment malfunctions, abnormal product quality or any process that is found to be out of specification.
4. Follows standard reaction plan (labels, bins, INTRACE)
5. Complete required documents (shift logs, traceability etc).
6. Operate forklift according to training and safety requirements.
7. Performs basic troubleshooting of production disruptions such as resetting faults and clearing jammed components.
8. Performs first level preventive maintenance such as checking fluid levels, gauges, and replacing components.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
1. Knowledge of lean production systems in a manufacturing
2. Knowledge of safety protocols and ability to comply with all Health Safety & Environmental regulations
3. Ability to successfully complete all required training, following structured training processes
4. Must comply with all company policies, procedures and Quality Management System.
Education and Experience
1. Requires High School diploma or equivalent.
2. 1 to 3 years of previous automotive manufacturing experience preferred
**This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website