Extrusion A Operator RUBBER
Will set up the machine, add raw material for production, monitor the machine.
General Purpose: Knowledgeable in set up, running, and shut down of all extrusion lines.
Principal Functions / Accountability:
1. Set up and operation of extrusion line, using material in strips or sheet, to produce rubber profiles meeting specifications, dimensions, and packaging.
2. Installation of dies, screens, and breaker plates.
3. Full understanding and ability to set up and use all downline equipment.
4. Adjustment of speeds, temperatures, and any operating parameters in order to maintain product uniformity and quality.
5. Visually checking parts for defects by checking dimensions with calipers, ruler, and comparator, making necessary adjustments to maintain proper dimensions, state of cure, and correct package, either as a finished product or a work-in-process.
6. Verify first piece with QA if questionable.
7. Maintaining records of material use and production, including weighing remaining material and logging into in-process material inventory.
8. Making various packaging containers, spools, skids, etc.
9. Moving finished skids, boxes, reels, etc., into the QA area for final inspection.
10. On a rotational basis, all A Operators will also be responsible for :
11. providing Extrusion Department with support of material flow through the department, including:
12. receiving raw material from Material Handling,
13. delivering raw material to designated production line,
14. removing empty container from production line,
15. Thorough and timely communication with Extrusion Lead and all team members.
16. Maintain neat and orderly production areas.
17. Team work within your department and within the company.
18. Assist with any other tasks as needed
19. Uphold Trelleborg-s organizational values by practicing and utilizing Code of Conduct and Core Values.
20. Responsible for following through with Trelleborg-s Mission, Vision, and Values and ensuring that we will provide quality products and services representing superior value that result in complete customer satisfaction and will constantly improve on our ability to deliver on this philosophy.
Basic Qualifications (knowledge, skill & abilities required to perform this position):
1. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
2. Assist co-workers in the use of equipment.
3. Trustworthy with confidential information.
4. Systems and process approach to problem solving
5. Ability to read and write
6. Ability to read and properly use a ruler
7. Basic shop math skills
Physical Requirements (such as lifting, standing, walking, working frequent overtime and/or weekends, exposure to certain chemicals, unusual job stress):
1. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear in person. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
3. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
1. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2. The work environment of an Extrusion A Operator is in a manufacturing plant setting. It is a noisy atmosphere and may get hot in the summer time. Extrusion A Operator will be standing throughout the day. S/he frequently communicates with colleagues and subordinates.
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website