For those who want to keep growing, learning, and evolving. We at Kelly® Professional & Industrial hear you, and we're here for you! We're seeking a Purchaser to work at a leading food manufacturer in Rome, GA. You owe it to yourself to consider this great new opportunity.
A Purchaser might be an outstanding fit if you:
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Can read, write, and communicate in English at a level to facilitate the understanding of the terminology of the job.
- are reliable and have good attendance
- Enjoy organizing and planning ahead to maximize job efficiency and work safety.
- Stive for excellent in all areas with a focus on effective internal and external customer-supplier relationships.
What does a Purchaser do?
- Oversees and manages all planning activities related to materials management and inventory control in the manufacturing environment. This individual is responsible for the purchase of materials, supplies and equipment as needed based upon specifications established by Kerry quality. Organizes all procurement activities with various departments to satisfy plant needs.
Primary Job Duties:
- Develop safety stock, minimum order quantities, and optimal quantities for Raw Materials.
- Utilize MRP and other SAP tools to identify requirements for order fulfilment, safety stock requirements and new product introductions.
- Responsible for completion and negotiation of purchase order flow including: order call-off, expediting, PO creation, PO approval process, and communication with vendor.
- Manage all SAP dates and master data maintenance.
- Purchases at lowest cost consistent with approved quality, procurement and delivery standards.
- Address service issues with vendors.
- Maintain a list of acceptable vendors and update vendor profile information.
- Understand raw material purchasing specifications including; kosher certificates, vendor product data sheets, import tariff information, raw material ingredient purchasing specifications.
- Ensure aged, slow moving, and obsolete inventory action items are addressed in a timely manner.
Shifts available and pay rate
- M-F, 8:00am - 5:00pm, $20.00/hr.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Previous work experience within a food manufacturing and distribution environment strongly preferred.
- Basic computer experience.
- APICS Certification preferred though not required.
What happens next
Once you apply, you'll proceed to next steps if your skills and experience look like a good fit. But don't worry—even if this position doesn't work out, you're still in our network. That means all of our recruiters will have access to your profile, expanding your opportunities even more.
Helping you discover what's next in your career is what we're all about, so let's get to work. Apply to be a Purchaser today!
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website