QC Lab Technician
Responsible for safely and accurately performing analysis of raw material, in-process, and finished product samples using a variety of standard wet chemical and instrumental methods in a 5 day/24 hour specialty chemical plant environment. Expected to successfully apply test methods, communicate in-process batch adjustments, initiate investigation of non-conforming product and execute action plans to correct.
- Create Lab Scale product blends and analyze to help with batch adjustments, root cause investigations, or new product evaluations
- Apply current analytical testing methods to raw material, in-process, and finished product materials.
- Excellent communication skills, written or verbal, to convey test results or findings to all professional levels of the plant; including report output.
- Ability to control product disposition through use of company's software system.
- Assist with Root Cause of Product issues in field through appropriate analysis and stability evaluations.
- Enter Quality Data into company software system and generate reports, as needed, tracking product disposition.
- Calibrate, Maintain, and minor repair of Lab Instrumentation.
- Adhere to lab safety and housekeeping guidelines.
- Train new employees or co-workers as required
- Work overtime as needed to meet production schedule timelines and flexible shifts
- Conduct lab supply/chemical inventory checks
- Associates of Science or 2 years in Chemistry or Biology, or related discipline required.
- Five years minimum of lab experience; knowledge/experience with Gas Chromatography, HPLC, and various wet chemistry techniques required.
- Experience in product formulations, adjustments, and experimental design desired.
- Experience with ISO9001 Document Control, Internal audits, desired.
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website