Kelly Science has an Immediate Opening for a QC Specialist for our growing client near Winfield, IL
The Quality Control Specialist has broad responsibility for Quality Control auditing of finished goods and manufacturing facility. This position will also be responsible for database maintenance, troubleshooting and product disposition, product hold/release authority, quality inspection, investigation, and reporting issues associated with Food Safety and Quality.
This position may require the employee to work overtime as needed. Overtime is scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department. Additionally, employees will receive cross-training in other QC functions in order to provide backup support as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Responsible for data entry, managing, and utilizing data information within Company databases.
• Presiding over facility sanitation practices, performing inspection of equipment, and or manufacturing processes.
• Conformance to GMP guidelines and all company policies/procedures
• Inspection of Finished Goods, representing Medical Foods, Dietary Supplements, and other high-profile contract customer products.
• Identify non-conforming conditions within the manufacturing environment and with products and materials per their compliance to food safety and food quality.
• Responsible for placing non-conforming products and materials or products that do not conform to specifications into a hold status.
• Ensure appropriate communication of Food Safety and Quality issues with Production Supervisors, Managers, and other facility personnel as required.
• Initiates investigations into the causes of material or product non-conformances, gathering pertinent information (documents, interviews, graphic and physical evidence, etc), without prompt from Supervisor.
• Investigates customer complaints with guidance from Supervisor
• Perform audits based on SQF guidelines: Hard Plastic, Processing Line, X-Ray, etc.
• Make suggestions to improve plant safety, food safety, and product quality
• Make suggestions on how to increase efficiency and cost savings within the department and actively participate in the implementation of own or other's ideas
• Gather finished good samples per program requirements.
• Provide hands-on training to plant employees as directed
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 3-5 years' quality control experience in the food/beverage industry
• Knowledge of one or more of the following is desirable: GMP's, HACCP, SQF, FDA, or USDA regulations for foods and beverages.
• Internal auditing, CAPA investigations, and training of personnel a plus.
• Must be able to complete a skills assessment test to assess basic skills needed in the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Good Computer skills (e-mail, internet use, basic skills in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint)
• Good written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish are required.
• Ability to work in a team-based environment.
• Ability to work independently
• Proactive behavior (take initiatives/make suggestions/follow up with limited Supervision)
• Good analytical skills (observation, attention to detail, problem-solving)
• Desire to learn, take on challenges and responsibilities. Cross-training in other Quality Areas such as Incoming Inspection/Lab. Flexibility to adapt to change.
• Basic math skills: Arithmetic, percentages, ratios, measurements
• Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize tasks
• Good conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.Why Kelly®
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website