Kelly Scientific is seeking a temp to hire Quality Control Technician near Manteno, IL.
Temp to Hire
Shift: 2pm -10:30pm Monday – Friday
- Inspect in-coming materials for conformance to company standards.
- Perform analytical tests on samples, using standard methods of analysis specific to the raw material or finished product as per established procedures.
- Conduct various QC tests (Titratable Acidity, Total Salt, Viscosity, Moisture, pH, metal detector etc.) as per protocol, documents results & ensures specs compliance.
- Perform equipment calibrations (pH meter, weighing scale, thermometer, viscometer etc.).
- Perform periodic weight monitoring, alerts production on any non-compliance for prompt adjustment.
- Perform hourly product leak detection tests or whenever necessary to ensure compliance.
- Perform bulk raw material testing, ensures specs conformance, and documents results.
- Determine & documents required corrections on in-process products as per analysis results.
- Confirm compliance to all other specifications including labeling, packaging, code dating & other customer specific requirements.
- Perform calculations & submit records of analytical results in Safety Chain, Food Safety & Quality Management Systems.
- Conduct sensory test on finished products, compare with standard & ensures product consistency; promptly reports non-compliance to the QC Supervisor.
- Collect retention samples for future reference; ensures organized storage & periodic disposal following required retention period according to product types.
- Ensure that control samples for batch check reference is replaced as per guideline; keeps control samples organized for QC efficiency.
- Collect samples for micro testing following sampling guideline & storage.
- Inspect products retained for shelf life to substantiate product defect claim during the process of customer complaints investigation.
- Prepare flavors as per pick list required for daily production.
- Issue batch formula for daily production & ensures previous day's formula are retrieved.
- Ensure that only approved specs deviation is used in actual production.
- Perform swab test, allergen test as per established procedures, documents results.
- Promptly reports to the Supervisor or Manager any unfavorable results if batch adjustment or if any corrective action does not resolve issues and provide input in problem Root Cause analysis & development.
- Put “HOLD” tag to non-conforming products & promptly record in the MRB log and Safety Chain.
- Act as a backup for R&D and sales sample preparation.
- Act as a back for plating micro samples in the absence of microbiologist.
- Participate in work areas inspection to detect unsafe conditions.
- Assist in product test runs, equipment validation as needed by QC Supervisor or R&D.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology or related field or
- 6 months of food/beverage QC experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Competence in Math & calculations
Interested? Apply now!
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website