Quality and Regulatory Specialist
Job Summary: The Quality and Regulatory Services Specialist has primary responsibility for managing and reviewing/ approving comprehensive, current, and accurate technical documents, including label reviews of finished product required to support each co-manufactured product offering, to ensure compliance with stringent quality and food safety standards. The secondary responsibility is to perform routine quality audits on finished products produced by our co-packers. In addition, this role is accountable to manage 3rd party lab testing of co-manufactured products, and support projects relating to the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Reviews technical documentation requirements of business partners for accuracy; works with business partners to efficiently and effectively resolve identified issues.
- Performs finished product evaluations (organoleptic and packaging); documents accordingly.
- Onsite and off-site inspections
- Manages the testing of samples with our 3rd party lab.
- Partner with customer service team on inquiries and complaints more technical in nature.
- Conducts technical research using reliable academic and government resources.
- Handles confidential information with discretion.
- Participate in special projects as needed, and other duties as assigned.
- Domestic and International travel (Post COVID to be further defined over time)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science, Data Science, Nutrition, or Public Health, or equivalent professional experience
- 3 to 5 years of previous work experience in a CPG company
- Experience with 21CFR101 – Food Labeling regulations
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills
- BE Disclosure program implementation and execution
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and other MS Office applications
- Experience conducting basic lab analyses, generating data, interpreting results, and tracking trends
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- A process-driven, continuous improvement, and growth mindset
- Excellent critical thinking skills utilizing problem solving and root-cause analysis
- A team player who will collaborate and work with others to accomplish tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain good working relationships with others within the organization, suppliers, and customers
- High attention to details
- Organized, flexible, and process driven
- Effective time management
- The following are highly preferred, but not required:
- Experience working in a CPG production facility
- Experience with HACCP, FSMA
- Experience with Esha Genesis (or other nutritional) software
- Experience with 3rd Party product certification programs
- Experience with document management platforms (TraceGains, FoodLogIQ, etc.)
- Bilingual (English and Spanish/ Italian/ Mandarin)
Please note: the hiring company is not indicated within this job description. This information will be provided during our first phone call to discuss the position.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website