PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
Kelly Services is seeking a Quality Control Lab Tech to join their team in Wilmington, MA for a German company which produces a variety of polyurethane and polycarbonate based raw materials. Products include isocyanates and polyols for cellular foams, thermoplastic polyurethane and polycarbonate pellets, as well as polyurethane based additives used in the formulation of coatings and adhesives. Below are the details and required skills. For immediate consideration, please email your resume directly to: Regan.Brown@KellyIT.com as well as apply online.
Quality Control Lab Tech
~8 Months (contract)
Pay Rate: $30-35.00/hour W2
PLEASE NOTE: This is a DSM posting. Training will occur in first few weeks during day-time shift 06:00 am – 06:00 pm, week days TBD. Once fully trained and proven competent moved over to night-time shift 06:00 pm – 06:00 am. Week 1: Tu-Fr. Week 2: Tu-Th. 12 hr shift for a total of ~80 hrs biweekly.
Purpose of the job is to provide direct quality support to ensure compliance with regulations that govern process and product quality and to ensure traceability of products. Also to determine physical properties of materials or samples thereof, using standard testing methods.
Key Areas of Accountability/Responsibility:
- Prepare samples for testing using various techniques. Perform analysis of test results, compare results with specifications.
- Enter test results and other relevant data into SAP computer system, ensuring availability of correct data.
- Ensure the record-keeping of quality control data for raw materials, intermediates and final products according to ISO 9001 standards.
- Retain samples in accordance with standard practice or agreement with principal and retest when necessary or when requested.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of systems and procedures.
- Interface with relevant staff to provide quality information.
- Participate in the evaluation/update of quality procedures.
- Ensuring in maintaining laboratory equipment, calibration, and required checklists.
- Laboratory housekeeping and hygiene requirements, Keep the workplace tidy and operate according to Quality, Environment, Safety and Health procedures and instructions.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
- Regular involvement in team production/communication meetings.
- Approves incoming raw materials by confirming specifications, rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Helps oversee the sterilization process and tests for bio contamination.
Skills/Qualifications of the Candidate:
Required Knowledge and/or Education Level:
- High school diploma, Vocational education.
- Knowledge and experience in own discipline.
- Standard testing methods.
- Knowledge of and experience in chemical/production environment.
- Experience in reviewing technical and scientific data.
- Familiarity with analytical and testing methods.
- Knowledge and experience in other relevant disciplines – Computer Skills.
Required Level of Experiences:
- Minimum 1 year of work or educational experience in laboratory testing related to manufacturing per defined responsibilities previously listed.
- Further qualifications of an associate's or bachelor's degree in chemistry or chemical engineering will be a plus.
- Background check.
- Drug screen.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies.
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career.
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center, including accredited courses to obtain IT certifications, as well as PDU-approved courses.
- Weekly pay.
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire.*
Refer a friend!
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor. (60.92)
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website