QUALITY LAB SUPPORT (Portland, OR)
Temp to Hire Opportunity!
Work Schedule (40 hours a week):
- Monday-Friday, 2pm to 10pm - Pay Rate: $18.21/hour
- Monday-Friday, 10pm to 6am - Pay Rate: $18.36/hour
Performs routine testing of raw materials and in-process materials for the manufacturing operation of our Roofing Products.
Essential Functions include:
- Responsible for adherence to all company policies, including, but not limited to and the use of personal protective equipment, other health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Responsible for following all documented procedures and standards in the department.
- Conduct routine testing on some raw materials and finished goods.
- Communicate with Quality technicians to ensure consistent adherence to quality standards.
- Accountable for routine data entry.
- Assisting Lab Technicians and cleaning/organizing the lab areas.
- Regular and predictable attendance is essential for this position.
- Has Taken College Level Science courses towards a degree in Science.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- At least six months of experience operating a computer in Windows based environment.
- Must be reliable, with the ability to work independently and in team setting, maintain a positive attitude at all times and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills working within a diverse population.
- Duties are simple and repetitive. Applies and develops basic clerical/support or paraprofessional skills in procedures appropriate for the position within the assigned functional area.
- Works under immediate supervision and from detailed verbal and/or written instructions.
- All employees are expected to perform any reasonable work request that falls within the qualifications but not specifically described. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- This position performs in an office, manufacturing, and warehouse environment.
- It is subject to hot and cold temperatures and occasionally exposed to elements such as noise, moving parts, dust and fumes.
- This position may require working outside of normal business hours.
- Tolerance for repetitive work in a fast paced, high productive work environment.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, occasionally climb stairs/ladders and lift up to 50 pounds.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website