Nissan Automotive - Data Acquisition & Instrumentation Technician
Long-term, day shift opportunity
We are looking for a hard-working automotive engineering test technician who is eager to use their skills to setup, conduct, and assist in a vehicle crash testing. The ideal candidate would have a flexible skillset to support a variety of testing on new product development. The key role of the data acquisition technician would be to install and setup the data acquisition system for crash test vehicles. This position will also support our test photographer by setting up camera systems in order to capture high-speed video of a crash test. The technician will primarily work in our Dynamic Safety lab but may also work in other functional test areas as needed. This position will part of the initial launch team for our new crash test facility. Every member of the new facility will need to have a flexible mindset and a helpful, pro-active attitude as we get our processes setup. This is an exciting opportunity that will require hard work to establish a world-class crash test facility operation.
Data Acquisition and Instrumentation Technician / Photographer responsibilities include:
- Ability to identify, repair and/or replace any sensor for crash test
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of DTS Data Acquisition System
- Setting up data acquisition system to capture all facets of dynamic safety tests
- Setting up high speed cameras to capture video of a crash test
- Collaborate with a team to execute crash tests per parameters
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and Data Acquisition System issues
- Associates degree in an automotive related discipline plus 2 years of test technician experience in a Lab or equivalent required.
- Will consider 6 years test technician experience in lieu of an associate s degree.
- Experience with instrumentation and data collection, DTS experience preferred
- Experience working with high speed cameras is a plus
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Experience in soldering, electrical repair/diagnosis, DAS operation is preferred
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new tasks required
- Experience in Dynamic Safety Crash Testing testing is desired.
- Must be able to clear a Motor Vehicle Record check.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website