Research Associate – Lithium-ion Batteries
Nissan is conducting research on battery technology such as Lithium-ion Battery or Solid-State Battery SSB. The role of the battery researcher is to conduct materials search, technology development, and partner proposals by utilizing internal laboratory resources and external collaborators such as Academia and Startups.
- Benchmarking of US technology through validation as follows; - Battery fabrication, coin cells, pouch cells and other configurations
- Synthesize battery materials, specially polymer electrolyte
- Battery testing and characterization techniques including cycle life, rate capability, cyclic voltammetry, AC impedance and other characterization methods
- Battery abuse testing including electrical, thermal and mechanical abuse
- Battery degradation analysis by characterizing side reactions, electrode structure, crystallography and surface analysis techniques
- In-house and joint research with collaborators
- Technical support for ongoing Design of Experiment projects
- Proposals of new research theme as Idea Creation activity
- Create a new DOE external collaboration scheme to accelerate research.
- Develop test strategies, hardware and software to validate the performance of battery systems in an R&D environment.
- PhD required in Mechanical, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related; OR Master of Science + industry experience in 2+ years of battery research experience.
- Thorough and well understood electrochemical testing, analysis and reporting of battery especially Li-ion related materials, specifically polymer and related battery electrolyte.
- Experienced in battery testing techniques to assess the battery performance in mechanical, thermal and battery safety.
- Working knowledge in existing physiochemical modeling tools COMSOL, Ansys etc. preferred.
- Person who has ability to work with researchers cross-functionally and globally.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
All of us at Nissan regardless of functional area or expertise share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles.
Any questions, please contact Gary Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website