Kelly Services is seeking several detail-oriented, thorough, and organized paraprofessionals to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in shaping our students- futures by mentoring small groups, reviewing material one-on-one with students, and supervising their academic work. You will also assist in preparing curriculum materials, grading papers, and tracking attendance.
Paraprofessional Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have GACE/60 College Credits
- Work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials
- Monitor student work and supervise curriculum-based testing
- Tutor and assist students with makeup work
- Review material with students one-on-one or in small groups
- Ensure students follow school and class rules
- Prepare for lessons by gathering materials or setting up equipment
- Track attendance, correct papers, and calculate grades
- Perform clerical work to document student grades and other paperwork
- Enforce school-wide safety procedures, disciplinary codes, and rewards
- Perform classroom maintenance and instructional duties as assigned
- Assist in activities like field trips, academic support sessions, fundraising, and other events and programs
- Supervise students in class, between classes, during lunch and recess
Paraprofessional Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate-s degree, or two (2) years or more of full-time college coursework equivalent to 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours.
- Satisfactory completion of local and state school board assessments and certification
- Participation in additional professional development training
- A minimum of One (1) year previous experience as a paraprofessional, teaching assistant, or related position
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Encouraging to students and patient when reviewing materials
- Ability to serve as a positive role model and mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a team-player role
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Strict adherence to school philosophy, standards, and goals
- Be patient, have self-control, and ability to practice prudent judgement
Call Brittini at 706-210-2538
As a Kelly Educational Staffing (KES) employee, your perks include:
- A flexible work schedule
- Your choice of work locations
- Payment options
- A great working environment
- No nights, no weekends, no holidays
- Summers off
Kelly Educational Staffing® (KES®), a specialty service of Kelly®, is the first staffing provider to develop a comprehensive education talent management solution. Launched in 1997, KES partners with 8,600+ public, private and charter schools across 35 states. KES provides schools with quality substitute teacher staffing and management, in addition to after school program staffing, and the staffing of non-instructional positions such as custodians, cafeteria employees, administrative assistants, and school nurses. More than 3.6 million classrooms are filled by a KES substitute teacher each school year. Visit kellyeducationalstaffing.com for more information.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website