Research Associate - Cell Line Development
We are looking for a highly motivated associate to join the Cell Line Development group in a fast-paced, fast-growing devlopment and manufcaturing organization. This position will be responsible for conducting laboratory experiments in support of the development, selection, and characterization of high-producing cell lines for the manufacture of protein therapeutics.
Principle duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform routine sterile cell culture work for mammalian cell lines, including cell passage and cell banking.
- Transfection, screening, subcloning and characterization of stably transfected cell lines for the expression of product candidates.
- Perform restriction digests and purification of plasmids, extract gDNA or RNA from CHO cells, and perform RT-PCR.
- Conduct production and genetic stability study of cell lines.
- Work closely with other functional teams to support development activities.
- Present data summaries and study conclusions at internal and external scientific meetings. Summarize results in technical documents.
- Ensure all work is appropriately documented in lab notebook and reports are written in timely manner.
- BS/BA in relevant life science disciplines with 1 plus years of laboratory experience or a MS in relevant life science disciplines.
- Practical experience with mammalian cell culture techniques including sterile technique, transfecting, passaging, and banking cells.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and high throughput screening assays is desired.
- The successful candidate should be organized, self-motived, and able to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website