Kelly is hiring 2 Research Associate I's for our biotechnology clients in Cambridge, MA.
- pay $35-43/hr
- 1 year contract minimum
• Use appropriate experimental procedures to conduct research on assigned vaccine projects.
• Perform assays following established procedures.
• Communicate results of own work to supervisor/team and at group meetings.
1. Perform immunological, virological, and molecular biology techniques in accordance with appropriate quality standards.
2. Prepare and handle samples, data, and equipment according to standard operating procedures.
3. Write and maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in laboratory notebooks.
4. Assemble and interpret own data for presentations.
5. Review literature and apply findings to interpret and improve data management and experimental design.
6. Participate and/or present in meetings and conferences.
7. Comply with company safety practices and standard operating procedures.
8. Exhibit and promote company Core Competencies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. BS Degree in Physical or Life Sciences and 0-2 years laboratory experience.
2. Possess working knowledge in virology, molecular biology, and/or immunology.
3. Ablility to work independently with medium supervision as well as collaboratively in team projects.
4. Experience working in a GLP environment is preferred
5. Experience working in a BSL-2 environment is preferred
6. Ability to optimize and implement scientific methods as they pertain to research goals.
7. Be well organized and detail oriented, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
8. Possess good oral and written communication skills.
9. Possess advanced word processing, data entry, data presentation and analysis computer skills.
• Comply with institutional certifications and requirements for working with infectious agents in a BSL-2 environment.
• Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
• Typical laboratory bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply.
• Lifting and moving supplies and equipment (up to 25 pounds).
• Willingness to travel to internal and external training, project and collaborator meetings, including overnight trips (expected to be infrequent).
• Requires 5% travel.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website