Research, Innovation, and Development (RID) Scientist II
Kelly Science & Clinical needs a RID Scientist II.
This is for a full-time, direct hire position in Carrollton, Texas. You will formulate a wide range of personal care products incorporating the company's cosmetics raw materials. Ensure that formulas meet expected performance, safety, and regulatory requirements so that they can be produced in manufacturing. Experimentation on the bench with conventional and/or nonconventional/creative approaches with new formula bases, raw ingredients and processing techniques that will lead to unique product claims and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledgeable experienced formulation of a variety of personal care products, cosmetics, and OTC from concept to finished product.
- Determine and perform the design of experiment to evaluate new and/or alternate raw materials through bench trials
- Creating innovative formulations in a capable affective manner to answer trends in the market and meet project requirements.
- Proactive about meeting business needs and providing solutions with minimal guidance.
- Conduct stability testing to ensure formula and/or formula/package robustness. Prepare laboratory batches for studies and evaluations
- Develop specifications for new and/or reformulated products, ensuring product quality.
- Remain up to date and current on trends in the retail market and trends on formulations materials, ingredients, cost, etc.
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, and cGMPs, safety guidelines
- Notebook documentation.
- Customer support and interaction on a regular basis and problem-solving.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, engineering, or other technical degree
- 4-5 years of experience in cosmetics/personal care formulation and R&D.
- Experience in supporting scale-up and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge in color pigments and inorganic compounds a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with strong organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.Why Kelly®
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website