Scientific Writer, Translational Diagnosis & Development, Summit, NJ
Position Type: Long-term contract position for 1 year
Start date (tentative): June 8 (flexible)
Schedule/Shift: Mon-Fri, 40 Hrs/Wk, 8am to 5pm (some flexibility in daily start/end times). Weekend & OT work very rare and not expected, but candidates should be open to it if needed
100% onsite work - (Worker may start out remote/virtually, but is expected to be full-time on site once BMS allows workers back onsite)
Overtime allowed = yes, with manager pre-approval
Double time allowed = No
Position Overview: We seek an individual with a strong scientific background and experience in writing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals. The successful candidate will join a cross-functional publication team to develop, manage and execute publication plans of one or more therapeutic areas in support of clinical programs in Hematology / Oncology.
Responsibilities include timely and efficient planning, development, and submission of manuscripts, abstracts, and scientific meeting presentations, in partnership with company teams (scientists, study investigators, other writers and medical communications) and publication vendor. Additional responsibilities include assisting in preparation of other scientific documents, including clinical and non-clinical study reports, as well as preclinical and translational sections for regulatory submission dossier.
The position requires a self-motivated, independent worker, able to balance several projects and assignments and deliver materials on deadline. The successful candidate will possess an understanding of pre-clinical development and translational sciences, including biomarkers, and working knowledge of basic medical statistics. Excellent communication skills with an ability to effectively convey scientific concepts concisely and accurately are absolutely required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with translational scientists and representatives from various scientific disciplines (Hematology / Oncology, Pharmacology, Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics) to develop, manage and execute publication plans with a focus on preclinical development and translational sciences.
- Contribute to the development, review, approval, and submission of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals and at key independent medical and scientific congresses
- Review data to determine the appropriate tabular and textual formats, and the clarity, logic and order of presentation.
- Assist in the preparation of other scientific documents, including clinical and non-clinical study reports, preclinical and translational sections for regulatory submission dossier.
- As needed, review work of other writers for accuracy, quality, focus, and adherence to format and stylistic requirements in order to ensure high quality documents.
- Assist in statistical analysis of clinical and non-clinical data for presentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MS or PhD degree in a field of biology, pharmacology or related field with 3-5 years scientific writing experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in writing scientific publications, abstracts, reports and/or review articles in biological or pharmaceutical research related fields.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively convey complex scientific concepts and data.
- Team player, with flexibility in and accountability for successful performance of tasks.
- Excellent technical scientific writing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in preclinical development and translational sciences, including biomarkers.
- Demonstrated ability to compile concise and accurate summaries of complicated data sets.
- Working knowledge of basic medical statistics.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, data graphics software, and Spotfire.
- Advanced knowledge of and compliance with Good publication practices and ICMJE guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams.
For Immediate Consideration, Apply Today! Questions? Call Grace at 714.253.7656 or schedule a time to connect directly follow the link: https://calendly.com/gracepiper/15min-1
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website