Kelly Services has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a contract temporary opportunity to work as Scientist I at a prestigious Fortune 500® company working in North Chicago, IL
Length: 3 months (Potential for extension )
Rate: $25 to $ 30/hour
1st or 2nd Shift on a rotating schedule, 5 shifts per week between Monday-Saturday. Need to be flexible with both shift
Purpose: Scientist I, testing personnel position in CLIA Certified High Complexity Molecular
- Direct working experience on the Abbott m2000 or other automated RT-PCR platforms
- Master's or bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Required testing: Running the SARS-CoV-2 Assay
The CLIA Certified High-Complexity Laboratory at AbbVie, Inc. in North Chicago, IL is seeking a scientist to conduct routine clinical laboratory diagnostic RT-PCR testing leveraging laboratory automation. The scientist will partner with senior staff to run the SARS-CoV-2 assay for clinical specimens including data analysis. Candidate should be able to generate precise, reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner, demonstrate good data interpretation skills, and be able to note issues/deviations and troubleshoot appropriately.
• Perform routine testing of clinical specimens on the Abbott m2000 to generate high-quality data.
• Operate laboratory equipment and effectively troubleshoot when issues arise.
• Collaborate with team members on all work aspects from data entry, solution preparation, sample extraction, master mix addition, amplification, data interpretation, and documentation Qualifications:
• Master's or bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology
•1-2 years of Clinical Laboratory Diagnostic Testing preferred, specifically clinical sample analysis using RT-PCR
• Experience with reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) sample processing and data analysis
• General lab skills: lab safety, solution preparations, use of pipettes and other instruments
• Knowledge of biological sample extraction techniques and instrumentation, and the ability to follow established protocols without deviation
• Well versed in Good Clinical Practices, sample chain of custody, and other regulatory requirements
• Good Documentation Skills (ALCOA) • Work with Laboratory Information Management Systems.
Key Leadership Competencies:
• Builds strong relationships with team members to enable higher performance
• Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
• A go-getter, raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must submit your resumes. Thank you for your interest in the assignment.
Also, feel free to follow up via email to RACS113@KELLYSERVICES.COM
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website