Scientist III – Molecular Biologist/Assay Development
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking a Scientist III – Molecular Biologist/Assay Development for Austin based company commercializing in a disposable, hand held PCR testing device to supporting the development of COVID-19 test.Company platform uses standard, real?time PCR, requires no technical expertise to operate, and delivers battery?powered, sample?to?answer results in under one hour, without the need to mail in a sample.
The Scientist III will be integral to the development of next?generation molecular diagnostic devices. The individual will report to the Principal Scientist and develop diagnostic tests and reagents for the detection of various human diseases. Responsibilities include developing and optimizing reagents and processes for the isolation, amplification, and detection of RNA and DNA from human pathogens.
- Excel in at least one of these three areas: 1) developing robust, fast, multiplexed quantitative RT?PCR assays; 2) developing methods to prepare different human samples to be compatible for RT?PCR analysis; or 3) optimize reaction conditions and formulations, validating lyophilization formulations and long?term stability testing
- Experience with systems and methods to minimize DNA contamination
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Multitask with a high level of attention to detail and operate efficiently and independently with minimal supervision while working in a small team
- M.S. or Ph.D. in molecular biology or related field or equivalent applicable experience
- 3+ years of experience developing nucleic acid (PCR) assays
- Experience contributing to the commercialization of a product or technology
- Experience working in a biosafety level 2 environment, or higher
- Have a background in infectious disease
- Experience with design of experiment (DOE) methodologies
- Have an understanding of statistical analysis methods and software programs
- Work 1-5 hours of overtime; weekends
- Infectious Disease Knowledge
- Must be able to work independently
- Experience with RT-PCR
- Temp-to-Hire OR Direct Hire
For immediate consideration, please forward your updated resume in WORD format to email@example.com.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website