$120-$130K plus straight overtime for anything over 40 hours
Per Diem and travel expenses covered when traveling
Kelly Engineering is recruiting for a Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer lead design and technical support of the systems and electrical/instrument equipment with the design and construction of direct reduction plants and new technology initiatives.
· Perform designs and system analyses through calculations basic to Electrical Engineering with direction from a Senior Electrical Engineer, if necessary.
· Sketch conceptual designs, transferring ideas to the designers for development of E/I drawings.
· Coordinate with Process engineering and other disciplines on the development of Piping and Instrument Drawings (P&ID's).
· Maintain the instrument list associated with the P&ID's.
· Develop logic drawings (E9's) from various data points, such as: P&ID's, vendor description of operation or functional description and coordinating with other project disciplines (Process, Mechanical, Operations, etc.)
· Develop device location drawings (E5 and E6's) working with the modeling group to ensure E&I items are located properly and with access to the device for maintenance.
· Responsible for the design and configuration of the Process Control System (DCS). Provides a detail specification for both hardware and software. Ensure the vendor has the proper information required prior to the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) for the system to properly designed, fabricated, and configured for all required data points and communications at the job site.
· Coordinate the E/I design effort as the Lead E/I Engineer for a particular project by:
o Directing the efforts of assigned engineers and designers for the E/I system design requirements.
o Checking drawings, design calculations, sketches, etc. for the project.
o Developing specifications/requisitions for support of purchasing effort.
o Ensuring the engineering and deliverables as per the schedule and providing schedule status updates.
o Reviewing and approving purchasing quotations, vendor drawings, and QA documents.
· Coordinate projects with outside engineering consultants.
· Lead the detail engineering effort for bulks items such as cable tray and conduit design, electrical and instrument cable specification, lighting, grounding and lightning protection and coordinate with third party engineering firm.
· Provide technical support for the Aftermarket, Inspections, & Purchasing departments with review of vendor submittals and on-site inspections of electrical equipment, instrumentation, and electrical part of mechanical packages.
· Provide direction and technical support for engineers and designers.
· Analyze designed and vendor supplied equipment for adherence to engineering specifications, required codes & standards, and project requirements.
· Check drawings and drafting for adherence to designs.
· Develop new technology designs and incorporation to larger systems.
· Review designs and assist other Senior Engineers and Management by making suggestions to improve an existing or proposed design relative to its function.
· Travel to job sites to analyze equipment, collect data and information, interact with plant & fabricator personnel, perform on-site inspections and gain experience valuable to design considerations (i.e., operating conditions, temperature considerations, etc.)
· Travel on business trips as required to carry out departmental, project, & corporate tasks and functions.
· Travel on field assignments as required to assist with construction, commissioning, and startup of the plant.
· Work as a "team player" with all company departments and employees in all assignments. Work toward building consensus on all assignments by finding solutions which meet the best interests of all parties involved.
- Proficient computer skills including use of Microsoft Office
- Basic computer skills Autodesk products.
- Excellent technical writing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet schedule and deliverable deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge base of electrical engineering technical skills and knowledge of processes.
- International travel experience.
- Industrial plant experience.
· Design of E&I systems in hazardous area with adherence to National Electrical Code (NEC) / National Fire Protection Association NFPA and local codes.
· Specification, startup, and troubleshooting of power systems, switchgear, Motor Control Center (MCC), Medium Voltage (MV) motors, transformers, etc.
· Specification, startup, and troubleshooting of process control systems.
· Design of bulks items such as cable tray, conduit, cable specification, lighting, and grounding
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering Degree; Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering Technology Degree.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in an industrial or technical environment, preferably related to steel industry
- 10% - 25% yearly average International and Domestic, additional travel based on project demands.
Why Kelly® Engineering?
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. At Kelly Engineering, our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the world's most critical challenges. We connect you with leading organizations where you can collaborate on innovative projects, work with cutting-edge technologies and accelerate your growth. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects or are looking for a long-term opportunity, we're here to guide you to the next step in your engineering career.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website