Senior Environmental Health & Safety Professional, Albuquerque, NM
Relocation Available for the rigth candidate! Expreince with Hazardous Waste or Air Sampling Regulations preferred!
The EH&S Department operates 24/7 to coordinate all aspects of employee health and safety as well as site-wide environmental activities. EH&S maintains systems to ensure compliance with regulatory programs and generates documents required to meet company, state, and federal guidelines. Examples of programs that the Senior EH&S Professional may oversee include EHS Training, Respiratory Protection Program, industrial hygiene monitoring, testing and evaluations, life safety inspections, chemical safety, and emergency planning and response. Management of a programs include assessing potential hazards/impacts, determining applicable regulatory and company standards, assigning responsibilities, providing training, identifying and implementing necessary administrative and engineering controls, maintaining records, auditing and reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
The Senior EH&S Professional is responsible for continually improving compliance programs within the EH&S management systems to include:
oversee Emergency Response for employee injuries and hazardous materials releases;
monitor and train employees on collection, staging and handling of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes;
ensure proper characterization proper transportation and destruction;
perform routine and periodic inspections of EHS systems and equipment, and conduct safety and health inspections
Advise departments regarding opportunities to improve EHS performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and manage occupational and environmental health related activities to include anticipating, recognizing, evaluating, and controlling exposures to physical, chemical, biological, and radiological hazards. Recommend and implement hierarchy of controls.
- Accomplish industrial hygiene monitoring and sampling as needed. Interpret the results and generate reports. Assist, as necessary, with calibration of equipment.
- Accomplish occupational health/industrial hygiene surveys for hazardous noise, industrial ventilation, hazardous chemical characterization, and ergonomic health risks.
- Understand Global Harmonization (GHS), ensure Hazard Communication (HazCom) and/or a Chemical Hygiene Plans are developed and implemented
- Develop spill plans, Emergency Response Plans, and Health and Safety Plans
- Select and procure proper PPE, Spill kits, consultation services as they pertain to EHS function
- Conduct Industrial Ventilation/Clean Room surveys and determine requirements
- Effectively communicate operational health risks and appropriate course of actions to prevent illnesses and injuries.
- Risk communication, report writing, and record keeping
- Oversee Emergency Response Programs
- Routinely monitor compliance systems to assure that controls are operating properly
- Maintain compliance records and prepare reports to regulatory agencies and senior management
- Apply for and update necessary permits and licenses.
- Assist in the prompt investigation of all work related accidents, injuries, near misses and environmental releases, to include root cause analysis, and corrective action development, as appropriate
- Continually audit and improve the effectiveness of EH&S programs to ensure they are able to meet established departmental and company objectives
- Provide leadership to all departments requiring Emergency Response of First Aid Monitor production activities for compliance with all relevant company and legislative requirements (NM OSHA, EPA, NMED, AFD, BAWUA)
- Conduct regular facility audits, report deficiencies and oversee corrective actions in accordance with department policy. Assist in the implementation of action plans as needed
- Maintain all regulatory documentation, customer specific records and electronic SDS systems as assigned
- Provide first-aid for minor workplace injuries and oversee medical management in accordance with departmental protocols
- Oversee drills and fire alarm tests
- Ensure operation of life safety equipment, such as fire extinguishers, and provide guidance for inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire suppression systems
- Serve as a role model in establishing safe working practices and promote safety in the workplace
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all information obtained, written or verbal, that becomes available as a part of performing incident investigations
- Maintain a high profile with all employees, supervisors, and managers to develop a rapport that encourages trust and open communication
- Respond and follow-up employee issues/concerns regarding health and safety and assist in the resolution of problems
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) applicable to the field and 7-12 years of active participation in EH&S; knowledge of manufacturing/pharmaceutical health & safety programs a plus. An Associate's Degree in related field plus 15 or more years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Proven leadership skills, e.g. successfully guiding and mentoring teams of people
- Experience working in a regulated environment (FDEA, cGMP, ISO, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable legislation (e.g. OSHA, EPA, DOT)
- OHST (other certifications may be acceptable)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER
- DOT Hazardous Materials Certification
- Emergency First-Aid / CPR, CIH and/or CSP a plus.
- Language Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills:
- Knowledge of Manufacturing software
- Spreadsheet software
- Presentation software
- Word Processing software
- Handle multiple priorities at one time
- Perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Work productively with others at various technical and management levels
- Continue to maintain performance level through education and/or training as required
- Wear all types of respiratory protection as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and periodically lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is routinely required to work in outside weather conditions, and handle toxic or other hazardous chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to high places and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Questions? Contact Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 623-688-2142
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website