Senior Material Handler
This scientific company isÂ dedicated to improving the human condition through systems, consumables, and services for researchers
When you join us, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
To provide shipping, receiving, storage, order fulfillment and data entry services for finished goods, inventory, materials, supplies, parts and equipment at the assigned facility.
- Pick, pack, sort, arrange, count, store, and correctly process items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements while sustaining a high level of quality to ensure customers receive correct product and in the time requested.
- Receive materials and/or finished goods on a daily basis. Verify the quality, type and amount of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g. packing list).
- Work in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59 86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 23 degrees F).
- Safely operate distribution equipment, as required.
- Satisfactorily complete our Scientific training requirements and operate within all ISO standards pertaining to site Distribution including, but not limited to, Control of Documents and Quality Policy.
- Provide regular training and coaching to peers and manage the critical operations when management is unavailable.
- Respond to customer service and other external department inquiries regarding order requirements and/or fulfillment issues as well as research orders that were not shipped at the time requested.
- Operate PC applications and systems including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), E-1, and SAP.
- Work with the Logistics team to prioritize daily work activities and ensure all priority orders are shipped as requested by the customer.
- Coordinate deliveries from other warehouses for consolidation with freight at home facility.
- Suggest and implement process improvements related to transportation, packaging, and supply chain.
Nature and Scope:
This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of internal personnel. That interaction requires good communication skills and customer service skills. Effectiveness in this role also requires functional knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control procedures as well as the ability to understand, interpret, calculate and analyze team metrics. The job encounters recurring work situations of a routine nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules. This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on-time daily and maintain strong attendance performance. The incumbent normally receives minor direction for daily tasks and is expected to be able to help solve or eliminate minor problems. Equipment
A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferred experience in biotech or chemical manufacturing
High school diploma or GED required
Individual must be able to handle working in an extremely fast paced environment while processing multiple responsibilities simultaneously
Good verbal and written communication skills
Basic knowledge of the metric system
Ability to wear personal protective equipment when required. This may include using a full-face respirator
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand/walk
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
For immediate consideration, please send resume to Stephanie.Corona@KellyServices.com and follow up with a call to 512-372-4413 extension 219
AS A KELLY SENIOR MATERIAL HANDLER/ SHIPPING ASSOCIATE, YOU-LL HAVE ACCESS TO WORLD-CLASS PERKS, INCLUDING:
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Transportation Spending Accounts
- Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly Services
At Kelly ServicesÂ®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100-Â companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website