Senior Synthetic Chemist / Director, Mountainview, CA
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Synthetic Chemist / Director to join our client focused in repairing damage caused by ageing and applying this technology to different therapeutic areas such as pulmonary disease and ophthalmology. Candidates must have prior industry experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing and operations (GMP/GLP) and be an expert chemist with lipids synthesis. Our client offers relocation and competitive compensation.
- Lead the design and execution of development projects
- Integrate functional activities with global development plans
- Utilize cutting-edge synthetic methodologies and techniques to design and execute efficient synthesis of target compounds for existing chemical series and novel series
- Independently conduct multi-step synthesis and optimization through effective reaction planning, troubleshooting and systematic analysis.
- Purify and characterize compounds using a variety of techniques, including column chromatography, crystallization, trituration, LCMS, NMR, HPLC, etc.
- Support synthetic chemistry lab set-up
- Draft reports and present summaries of work
- Write regulatory submission
- Liaison with CROs and CMOs
- BS/MS with 10+ years -- or PhD with 4-to-8 years -- of experience with lipid synthesis and process development. At minimum MS in technical field.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience desirable
- Extensive experience in organic synthesis and mechanism, analytical methods, and physical organic chemistry.
- Prior experience with natural products chemistry, protein chemistry, lipid chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, and organic reaction chemistry.
- Expert chemist, medicinal/process chemist. Strong experience in lipids synthesis is a must.
- Experience using and developing protocols for chemistry-related analytical instrumentation, such as HPLC, FTIR, LC/MS and NMR.
- Thorough experience in handling, synthesizing, purifying and characterizing complex organic molecules using the latest techniques is required.
- Experience in utilizing DOE for process characterization and optimization is a plus.
- Preparative chromatography and LCMS experience a plus.
- Record of excellence in chemistry research with innovative contributions.
- A technical expert in their function, with knowledge of application to product development.
- Strong and independent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Experience in the preparation of regulatory submissions.
- Experience with outsourcing work to CMOs or CROs, tech transfer, and the ability to supervise projects.
- Experienced in pharmaceutical manufacturing and operations and the application of CGMP and GLP principles; hands-on GMP experience would be an asset
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website