Senior Research Associate
San Carlos, CA
Kelly Scientific is seeking a Senior Research Associate for a pharmaceutical leader in the field of covalent binding technology to create selective therapies for cancer. The Senior Research Associate supports the early development lab's research in translational science, contributes to the development of cell-based assays, performs hands-on laboratory experiments, and assists with routine laboratory maintenance.Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
- Works independently to design experiments, develop and perform cell-based (survival, apoptosis, etc) and mechanism of action assays (western blotting, qPCR, ELISA, etc) and communicate findings to local and global teams.
- Maintain clear records in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations.
- Performs independent data analysis and effectively communicates results to the team.
- Assists with preparing figures, writing research reports and updating lab protocols.
- Assists with general laboratory maintenance including laboratory stocks and cell lines.
- Working knowledge of cell biology, signal transduction and apoptotic pathways.
- Proficiency with cell culture, molecular biology techniques, experience with CRISPR and flow cytometry preferred.
- Proven ability to conduct independent research and data analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to work diligently in a dynamic team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline.
- At least 3-5 years of industry experience developing flow cytometry-based PD/biomarker assays
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest-regarded scientific organizations— providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website