Every day, Kelly Scientific Resources connects scientific professionals with opportunities to advance their careers, and we currently have a direct hire opening for a Sr. Microbiology Research Scientist near Kansas City, KS.
- Responsible for tracking the progress of all activities of the laboratory and reporting that progress to Laboratory Director
- Maintain timelines, budgets, and deliverables for the activities of the laboratory
- Monitor current developments
- Requires an advanced degree (MS, PhD, DSc) in Microbiology or related field with 7 or more years of relevant experience in the field
- Current knowledge of Microbiology within food industry, microbial contamination in food processing environment
- Management and interpersonal skills necessary to manage multiple independent and semi-independent scientists
- Perform risk assessments
- Ability to estimate laboratory budgetary needs
- Working knowledge of outside contract laboratories
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge clearly and effectively as part of a development group
- Working knowledge of EPA and BPR regulations
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website