Sr. Network Engineer
Location: Greater Seattle, WA (Hybrid – remote/on-site)
Duration: 12 months
Execute tasks supporting Agency network design and engineering projects. Activities will include but are not limited to discovery, creating detail network designs from system design specs, provide engineering guidance in the network domain to other departments. Partner with the Enterprise Architecture team to plan for and develop future state network design; troubleshoots technical problems/issues, coordinates activities with other division, programs, departments, and outside agencies; ensures success of Agency commuter and link network; and provides other administrative network support to department as directed
• Oversee and provide guidance on the technical aspects of Network projects
• Provide engineering guidance in the Network domain to other departments
• Provide expertise on routing, switching, firewalls, and SSL and IPSEC VPN solutions.
• Support for emerging technologies, such as software-defined networks, data centers, and network function virtualization.
• Analysis and troubleshooting to support incident or problem resolution for applications and other network-related components.
• Works with enterprise architecture to define standards, policy, and designs for network and network-related needs, including the assessment of vendor recommended design elements.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups, and the general public.
• Working effectively under pressure, meeting deadlines, and adjusting to changing priorities.
• Responding to inquiries and in effective oral and written communication.
• Researching, analyzing, and evaluating new service delivery methods and techniques.
• Working cooperatively with other departments, Agency officials, and outside agencies.
• Produce documentation and diagrams as outputs in VISIO.
• Perform all duties in accordance with safety guidelines (including COVID) and required permits.
• Provide Tier 3 support and be an integral member of complex problem resolution
• Analyze, isolate, and resolve network related issues. This includes but is not limited to technical, procedural, operational, and functional issues
• Reviews and recommends additional modifications, upgrades, or new software and hardware to meet the needs and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the network infrastructure.
• Ensures a high level of customer service to all users; ensures proper and accurate feedback on technical problems; and coordinates communications between client and information technology staff.
• Participate as an active member of the team and contribute to the team's overall success
Demonstrate flexibility in duties and responsibilities in order to achieve common goals; proactively and reactively respond to, analyze, and resolve critical network and systems impacts
Education & Experience:
• Minimum 5 years of experience working with network infrastructure or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN's), datacenter switching technologies, multi-chassis aggregation and link aggregation
• Routing (OSPF, BGP), best practices for availability and performance
• WAN Technology (SD-WAN, VPN)
• Network Technologies: Juniper, Cisco, Brocade
• IPv4 and IPv6 numbering schemes, aggregation and allocation. Experience with deploying a dual stack IPv4/IPv6 environment a plus
• Ability to diagnose complex network problems and find the root cause
• Demonstrated creation and implementation of 'best-practice' standards and departmental policies and procedures
• Effective cross-group collaboration
• Producing high quality documentation
• Familiarity with industrial/ruggedized switches a plus (Garrettcom, Ruggedcom, CISCO, etc.).
Required Licenses or Certifications:
• Expert or professional level technical certifications such as CCIE/CCNP or JNCIE/JNCIP highly desirable
• Strong, influential written and verbal communication skills, with technical writing experience
Required Knowledge of:
• Multiple vendors routers and switches including Juniper, Cisco and Brocade
• ITIL v3 or v4 foundational knowledge- operations, services, and activities of corporate information systems.
• Understanding of networking concepts and tools used for monitoring and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of voice and data communication protocols (H.323, SIP, LDAP, RTP, QoS)
• Cisco IOS experience required
Required Skill in:
• Traditional corporate and industrial automation networks, including wired, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 802.1x, cellular and leased networking, routing, switching, firewalls, and SSL and IPSEC VPN solutions.
• Multiple vendor technologies, including Juniper, Dell, HP, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, SonicWall.
• Enterprise wireless and authentication technologies, including 802.11 A, B, G, N, AC, and, 802.1x as well as Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, and Meraki solutions.
• Unified Communications, VoIP, Video/CCTV, and VDI.
• WAN/LAN technologies, including Multicast, RIP, BGP, OSPF, VLANs, VXLAN, Spanning Tree, LLDP, MPLS, VRRP, and Link Aggregation protocols.
• QoS and traffic shaping technologies.
• Protocol analysis, network management systems, infrastructure automation, and other tooling such as Wireshark, SolarWinds and Ansible.
• PCI, PII, and other information security concerns and how the network must support them.
• Creating detailed documentation and diagrams to reflect processes, traffic flows, and network architecture, using Visio and other modeling tools.
• Strong organizational skills, excellent communication and people skills
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you'll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website