Sr Quality Control (QC) Technologist - Los Angeles, CA
The Senior Quality Control (QC) Technologist will support the QC operations and work in a laboratory under the direction of QC Director. The candidate will be setting-up, fine-tuning, validating and executing assays for analysis, stability, and release of raw materials and biological products such as bacteriophages. The position will involve working with PCR, Elisa, Gel electrophoresis, DNA/ RNA assays, DNA sequencing, endotoxin and sterility assays, chromatography/spectroscopy instrumentation (e.g. HPLC, LC-MS, high-throughput automated fluorescence and luminescence systems), as well as variety of chemical and micro-biological assays, and reporting results. The candidate will interact with R&D, production, quality and technical teams, as well as contract labs on analytical testing projects. This is a superb opportunity for candidates considering a quality control career in biotechnology or the life sciences.
- Perform assigned testing in a timely and organized manner in compliance with the applicable GLP, cGMP, safety and environmental regulations, as well as company policies and procedures. Test raw materials, in-process samples, finished products; validation and stability samples to ensure conformity to standards and specifications.
- Work with bacteriophages and associated assays (PCR, Elisa, gel electrophoresis, microbiological bioactivity assays, etc.)
- Assist with analytical methods development/fine-tuning, validation and stability study projects
- Prepare and maintain products and reagents for screening assays. Re-stock chemicals and consumables used in analysis
- Operate, calibrate, troubleshoot and maintain analytical equipment. Assist in equipment validations (IQ, OQ, PQ, and MQ)
- Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), analytical technical reports, method validation and stability protocols and reports. Conduct literature search to identify suitable methods
- Maintain organized, accurate and complete laboratory notebooks and records
- Process, analyze and organize large data sets
- Assist in general upkeep of laboratory and maintain a clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor's or MS/PhD (preferred) degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biological Sciences, or related field
- Must have 3 years of GLP/cGMP analytical laboratory experience in industry (biotech/pharma company). Analytical methods and validation experience preferred.
- Knowledge and compliance to GLP/cGMP, laboratory documentation, safety and environmental requirements
- Experience at minimum utilizing microbiological, biochemical, spectroscopic and chromatographic analytical techniques. Working knowledge with biological products preferred
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems encountered with methods and instrumentation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (proficiency with Excel) and working knowledge of chromatography and spectroscopy instrument software. Able to understand statistics and statistical software to interpret experimental results
- Advance level of written and verbal communication skills with ability to read technical procedures or governmental regulations and guidelines. Able to write reports, and required quality control documentation.
- Time management skills to maximize the analysis process and perform multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must be reliable, detail oriented, and collaborative, with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks/projects
- Support quality and continuous improvement processes. Willing for continued education, training or certification in quality control laboratory skills for fulfilling the assigned duties, as necessary.
- Excellent English communication and reading skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work within a team environment
- Self-starter and quick-learner. Ability to work under minimal supervision
For Immediate Consideration, Apply Today! Questions? Call Airika at 562-206-2707 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website