Kelly connects talented professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting opportunity available as a Structural Mechanic I located in Savannah, GA. Opportunity is with an industry leading aerospace manufacturer!
Contract - Structural Mechanic I
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Pay Rate: $19.03
No unique skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year related structural assembly experience.
- Experience working with Solumina and Smarteam preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints.
- Read and interpret 6” scale.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
- Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
- Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Ability to work with composite resins and materials.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Must be able to climb ladders/stands/stairs and work in small spaces and/or restricted areas.
In a team-oriented work environment, under moderate supervision, performs a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
1. Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
2. Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets).
3. Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
4. Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
5. Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
6. Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
7. Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S Program and complies with all safety regulations.
8. Work under moderate supervision on duties and tasks. 9. Support Lean Activities.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
A competitive hourly pay rate with weekly checks
Access to newly expanded Medical Plan options
Online continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
Several employee discounts
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website