We are hiring for substitutes in Danville Public Schools, VA
Remember that educator who made a difference in your life? Now it's your turn! Substituting is an excellent opportunity to be a mentor and help students become the best versions of themselves. Substitutes are essential in ensuring students continue to learn and grow every day.
Substituting is rewarding. We would love for you to join our team.
- Assume duties of the classroom teacher in accordance with school district lesson plans, school rules, and Kelly policies
- Leading instruction in the classroom by conducting the teacher's existing lesson plans
- Instructing students on classroom topics/courses
- Building positive relationships
- Assigning reasonable tasks and homework
- Empower students to learn, and encourage classroom participation
- Build a classroom environment that's conducive to learning and appropriate to the ability and interests of students
- Adapt to the various learning styles of students
- For long-term assignments, it may be required to develop lessons plans, as well as build, administer, and grade tests and assignments
Substitute Teacher - High School Diploma
Perks you'll enjoy as a substitute:
- Free online classroom management training to help you become a capable, confident classroom leader
- Free ongoing professional development to keep your skills sharp
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Ability to build a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
*Offered and administered by 3rd party. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly.
Apply Now! We will reach out shortly with your next steps.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
As part of our promise to talent, Kelly supports those who work with us through a variety of benefits, perks, and work-related resources. Kelly offers eligible employees voluntary benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, term life, whole life, accident insurance, critical illness, a legal plan, and short-term disability. As a Kelly employee, you will have access to a retirement savings plan, service bonus and holiday pay plans (earn up to eight paid holidays per benefit year), and a transit spending account. In addition, employees are entitled to earn paid sick leave under the applicable state or local plan. Click here for more information on benefits and perks that may be available to you as a member of the Kelly Talent Community.
Why Kelly® Education?Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students? At Kelly Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in K-12 public schools, PreK and early childhood centers, and higher education institutions. Whether you're looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a teaching or non-teaching role—we'll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you're new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
About KellyWork changes everything. And at Kelly, we're obsessed with where it can take you. To us, it's about more than simply accepting your next job opportunity. It's the fuel that powers every next step of your life. It's the ripple effect that changes and improves everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your life—just ask the 300,000 people we employ each year.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.
Apply on company website