Kelly is hiring a Technician I, QC Microbiology for one of our biotech clients in Cambridge, MA.
- Pay rate $56.99/hr
- Position is Sunday-Wednesdays 9:30pm-8am (Night shift)
Location: Cambridge, MA
3 month contract
Technician I, QC Microbiology
Our Viral Vector Services (VVS) is a rapidly growing, dynamic gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that is seeking sharp individuals to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our clients. Our employees are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We are looking for top talent with proven competencies and strong character to join our team and help lead our organization into the future.
How will you make an impact?
The analyst will perform routine environmental monitoring and critical utility testing throughout the facility. Completes microbiology assays such as bioburden, endotoxin, and growth promotion. The incumbent will also support equipment, documentation, investigations and improvement initiatives within QC Microbiology. Works cohesively with peers and QC Microbiology management.
What will you do?
- Performs routine environmental monitoring and critical utility sampling
- Performs routine microbiology assays (bioburden, endotoxin)
- Performs inventory and stocking of QC lab
- Reviews data and enter results into LIMS system
- Coordinates sample shipment to external labs
- Opens alert and action level quality records
- Performs routine laboratory preventative maintenance and cleaning
- Revises technical documents (SOPs, Work Instructions)
- Ability to gown and gain access to cleanroom and utility areas
- Position requires frequent bending, stooping, standing, and ability to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to work with strong chemical odors such as Spor-Klenz or bleach
- Position is considered essential personnel and may be required to staff the lab during inclement weather or other internal/external emergency situations
- Rotating holiday coverage
- Occasional off shift hours may be required to meet business needs
How will you get here?
Bachelor's degree in biological sciences
0-2 years of industry experience performing environmental monitoring, critical utility sampling and microbiological assays
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website