Welder - DH
Lead Weld Prep Job Summary Prepares pipe and plate for weld per instructions; working lead, manages weld prep dispatch
- Essential Functions Plans sequence of operations per blue print in preparation for welding.
- Sets up and operates machines and tools associated with welding such as, saw, pipe cutting machines, plasma table, and/or drill press.
- Perform coping, beveling, grinding and sanding; uses cutting torch.
- Uses forklift and overhead crane during operations.
- Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications using various measuring devices.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on machines as scheduled and required for TPM.
- Works individually and as a team to develop and implement quality and efficiency improvements.
- Conducts tests and inspections of products, or processes to evaluate quality or performance;
- examines products or work to verify conformance to specifications.
- Additional Responsibilities May be required to cross train and demonstrate competency on all essential job functions of the department working at different work stations as production needs require.
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships;
- training and teaching others.
- Maintenance of a clean and orderly work area free of excess materials.
- Support of and involvement in company, department, and/or safety policies, procedures, programs and activities.
- Qualifications High school diploma or general education degree GED ; with one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with production processes,
- machines and/or tools. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, proportions and decimals.
- Ability and understanding of various measuring devices in meeting drawing dimensions and specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, work orders, work instructions, diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary. Work requires continual attention to detail in follow through, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website