*** MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON AN EMPLOYEE BASIS *** NO Corp-to-Corp *** HYBRID-REMOTE/On-site ***
Our Client is expanding and currently seeks a
z/OS SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER
for a 12+ month assignment with possible extensions!!
***NOTE*** If your experience is not in this area of specialty, please refrain from sending your resume.
LOCATION: Boulder, Colorado (HYBRID-REMOTE/On-site)
Leverage your z/OS skills
to help take your career with our Client to
the "Next Level" for 2021 and beyond!
Our Client is seeking a z/OS Systems Programmer to become part of their Technology and Solutions Development Group. The successful candidate will join a small team of technical system experts who manage, upgrade, and support Mainframe systems. The Development Support team provides valuable systems, expertise, and support to Development professionals who are responsible for multiple stages of development from requirements definition, architecture, implementation, and customer support for software and hardware print products.
The successful candidate will be provided an opportunity to immediately contribute to Mainframe-related tasks and projects, as well as opportunities to utilize and increase technical knowledge and skills in the mainframe operating systems. The candidate will leverage their expertise of mainframe operating systems, strong analytical and problem-solving skills to (1) improve, upgrade, and support the z/OS systems, (2) debug and resolve hardware and software issues and outages, and (3) support and assist users.
The new team member will be expected to collaborate with other team members and users, lead and complete projects, and assume additional responsibilities as assigned. Must work effectively in a team environment, but also be able to carry out tasks independently while working alongside industry experts.
• Excellent user support and teamwork skills: communication, collaboration, & documentation
• IBM Mainframe systems software programming experience
• Experience working with hardware to include a basic understanding of FICON/ESCON connectivity, DASD architecture [alias (PAV) management, cryptographic coprocessors, data encryption techniques] and virtual (VTS) tape libraries.
• z/OS experience with catalog management, ISPF/SDSF, z/FS Filesystems, Unix System Services, RACF, JES parameters, SYS1.PARMLIB, SYS1.PROCLIB members.
• z/OS SYSPLEX management including couple dataset definition and coupling facilities.
• Dataset management (allocation, backup, restore, etc.) including DFDSS, DFSMS storage constructs, XCF, System Logger, etc.
• Ability to debug and resolve Mainframe operating system software issues
• z/OS and JES System Programming expertise and experience
• Self-management, multi-tasking, and ability to periodically work after hours and weekends to complete system upgrades and support the global development team.
• Experience providing z/VM hosting support for z/OS and z/VSE Guest systems.
• VTAM and TCPIP, HiperSockets and VSWITCH
• System operator experience
• z/OS experience with JES2 and JES3
• z/VM system experience including Linux on z System
• z/VSE Mainframe systems software programming experience and knowledge
• iSeries systems administration • Project Management
• A 4 year degree preferred.
- There is no per diem with this position
- There is no relocation budgeted for this position. If this position requires you to relocate you will be responsible for those costs.
- MUST be able to work without sponsorship or VISA transfer for this position.
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you'll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website