DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Social Worker (LCSW) you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Lakeview Regional Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Lakeview Regional we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family's needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Lakeview Regional family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Social Worker LCSW to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
As a hospital social worker you will assist our patients in dealing with the effects of hospitalization. Patients and families are often under a lot of emotional pressure and financial stress due to illness or injury. Additionally, there are needs that need to be addressed after discharge such as home care or rehab services. You will help our patients and their families navigate the process of illness and injury, from hospitalization to recovery.
About this unit:
- Great team with the opportunity to serve a diverse population with a diverse set of needs
- You will be able to provide emotional support to our patients during their time of crisis
- Collaborative Team environment with close connections to community
- The Social Worker will monitor the patient referral throughout the hospital stay to ensure the appropriate environment of care.
- The role of the Social Worker is to provide financial and supportive counseling to patients in accordance with state and federal standards of care and Managed Care partners.
- The Social Worker will assure that medically related, emotional, psychological and social needs of the patients are met/maintained on an individual basis by collaborating with patients, families, and/or significant others and the interdisciplinary team.
- Options will be explored and appropriate arrangements made in order to pursue a discharge plan that will meet health care needs.
- Graduate of an accredited school with Master's Degree in Social Work
- Must be licensed in the state of Louisiana (LCSW)
- Clinical background in Medical Social Work. Knowledge of Case Management functions and activities.
- Two years hospital experience in Social Work/ Discharge Planning
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification and Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certification
Lakeview Regional Medical Center is a full service, acute care hospital providing inpatient and outpatient healthcare services to St. Tammany Parish residents since 1977. Our 167 bed, state-of-the-art facility provides the most advanced, medical and surgical technologies available, along with personalized patient and family-based care in a safe, suburban community.
We believe these well-defined values are the keys to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital, which directly impacts the well-being of your patients, their families, your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. We invite you to learn firsthand what our unwavering commitment to patient satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Social Worker like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website