The Lane Construction Corporation is one of America's leading construction companies, specializing in large, complex civil infrastructure. For nearly 130 years, it has contributed to the development of the country's vast network of roads, highways, and bridges, including the Interstate Highway System. Lane also specializes in tunnels, metro and railway systems, as well as airports and water and wastewater treatment plantsJob Description
Reporting to the Project Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the proper interpretation and management of the contracts both with the client and subcontractors.
Including but not limited to:
- Provide advice, assistance and guidance to project management and functions on project specific contractual matters.
- Contract administration including proper interpretation and implementation of administrative requirements of contract documents and ensuring customer compliance with project specific contractual requirements.
- Interim and final payment requests, including obtaining full and proper payment for work executed, all in accordance with the terms of the customer contract.
- Subcontract procurement and administration according to the agreed terms and conditions.
- Formulation and negotiation of requests for Variation and Claims, including detailing and of additional costs and time requests.
- Dispute resolution
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- Other duties as assigned
- 10 – 15 years in a similar role in a multinational construction company, and with a civil works construction background.
- Full understanding and working knowledge of all aspects of the contracting process;
- Full understanding and working knowledge of the construction process of complex infrastructure projects;
- Experience in the key legal risk areas such as but not limited to Contractual Liability, Insurance requirements, defective performance and Warranty obligations;
- Understanding of key commercial risks and able to lead project risk review process and assessments.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or other relevant related degree.
- Specialization and good knowledge in Construction Law
- Member of professional body.
- Candidates qualified by experience may also apply.
- Proficiency in English and/or Italian and/or Spanish and/or French both oral and written.
- Good communication, good writing, and negotiation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with capacity to advocate in a firm but friendly manner.
- Strong commercial skills.
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Apply on company website