Description$20,000 Sign-On Bonus Available Introduction
Las Palmas Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Cardiovascular Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
At Las Palmas Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Las Palmas Medical Center!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Cardiovascular Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas/Del Sol Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. The Cardiovascular Nurse will supervise and provide feedback to the Director regarding patient care and is a clinical role model. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family, and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans. The Cardiovascular Nurse will be cross-trained to assist in the Hybrid OR, EP Lab, Heart Recovery, Non-invasive procedures to include EKG and stress testing. On-Call is required. Core Competencies will be assessed in accordance to the units' specific patient population served.
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to mentor others to improve the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for a group of patients.
- Participates and cooperates in the departmental based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of personnel and resources.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient. Ensures that consents, orders and documentation are present for procedures.
- Serves as a patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information and by informing the physicians of patient requests.
- Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are maintained.
- Maintains department equipment, orders inventory for the Hybrid OR, Cath Lab, Heart recovery Unit, and non-invasive areas.
- Assures case charges are completed each day and ensures daily departmental pharmaceutical needs are met.
- Participates in Standby and On Call. Provides coverage for care of patients in the CVS departments on needed basis.
- Plans and implements department in-service program.
- Assists Director with PI data collection and report generation.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Advance Cardiac Life support within 6 months of hire
- RN licensure in State of Texas or Compact State
- REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma, Associates or Bachelors in Nursing.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a registered nurse
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the skills necessary to understand and transfer physician's orders and document in medical record.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other personnel and/or equipment.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family and external partner's needs.
- Knowledgeable of age appropriate medication dosages and medications commonly used in critical care.
- Knowledgeable of hemodynamic monitoring and intra-aortic balloon pumping.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- CCRN or Cardiac Specialty Nursing Certification.
Las Palmas Medical Centeris a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region's only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women's services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Cardiovascular Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website