About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include participation of 401k. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: As a registered nurse you will provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill and injured patients. Duties include documenting observations, assessments, and changes in patient's condition; collaborating with health team members to facilitate positive patient care outcomes; providing a full range of nursing care to patients with a variety of physical and/or behavior problems; and accountable for meeting and maintaining the qualification standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Monitor and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for a group of patients.
- Provides leadership and direction to all disciplines assigned to the health care team.
- Practices customer service using the Studer principles
- Job specific competencies
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with staff assistance
- RN licensed in state of Texas/Compact state
- Completion of RN/LVN program leading to licensure
- Read and write basic English with the basic skills necessary to understand and transfer physician's orders
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Preferred experience as RN 1-2 years,
- Preferred BSN
- Specialty certification/training as appropriate.
- Read and write Basic English with the basic skills necessary to understand and transfer physician's orders.
- Ability to move an excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and written.
- Computer skills
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Apply on company website