About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include participation of 401k. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.Introduction
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Phlebotomist PRN today with Las Palmas Medical Center.Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Las Palmas Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Phlebotomist PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
Assumes the responsibility for performing phlebotomy skills appropriately and efficiently, under the philosophy, policies and procedures established by the hospital and the laboratory department. Performs general clerical duties and minor technical duties as assigned.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: All diagnoses/conditions of patients admitted to the hospital.
1. Demonstrates ability in accurately identifying patient and patient specimens.
2. Demonstrates skill, knowledge and accuracy in obtaining specimens.
3. Demonstrates ability to perform phlebotomy in a timely manner.
4. Demonstrates ability to perform complicated phlebotomy procedures.
5. Demonstrates ability to perform clerical duties.
6. Demonstrates ability to perform A.I.D.E.T. customer service 100% of the time.
7. Is able to operate Point of Care instruments and perform point of care testing per standard operating procedures.
8. Participates in the unit based Quality Improvement process. (Emergency Room Only)
9. Continuous monitoring of supplies in the ED, replace and restock as needed. (Emergency Room Only)
10. Knowledgeable with 100% compliance with core measures in the Emergency Department. (Emergency Room Only)
1. Individual Leadership: Demonstrates confidence in own skills, knowledge and ability and opportunities for personal growth and ability to accept and adapt change.
2. Customer Service: Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
3. Transcultural Sensitivity: Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
4. Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety: Demonstrates patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
5. Educator: Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates opportunities for patient/family education.
6. Infection Control: Demonstrates infection control practices congruent with policies and procedures.
7. Performance Improvement: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities at the department level.
8. Financial Accountability: Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and department efficiency.
9. Information Management: Demonstrates adherence to information management policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
10. Communication: Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration of appropriate communication skills and reporting/activation of the chain of command appropriately.
11. Practices Professionalism: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance.
12. Ethics/Compliance: Performs all duties ethically, complying with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws.
13. Environment of care: Demonstrates accountability in role and responsibilities of the 7 Environment of Care plans.
14. Job Specific: Phlebotomist
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical demands require performing all essential functions of this position as assigned. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, back support belts, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
BLS (Emergency Room Only)
- High School diploma or GED required. General knowledge and education in phlebotomy acquired through and accredited training program is required.
- General one year phlebotomy experience or equivalent required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Preferred phlebotomy training certification from an accredited agency. Exhibit proficiency in all of the following: blood collection by venipuncture and capillary technique from patients of all age groups, pediatric blood collections, difficult draws.
- SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills. Knowledge of venipuncture techniques and equipment used in collection. Ability to communicate both verbally and written.
- High School Graduate / GED, or Vocational School Graduate
Las Palmas Medical Centeris a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region's only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women's services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Phlebotomist PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website