To assist AVID elective teacher by tutoring small groups of students thereby positively impacting student success.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide tutoring to students in AVID program.
- Follow directions from AVID teacher.
- Work with individual students or small groups to complete tutoring tasks assigned by the teacher.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time (12 credit hour minimum) college or university student with a minimum GPA of 2.5 OR a college graduate preferred.
- Knowledge of AVID topics to effectively tutor students.
- Skill in conveying information to students for effective learning.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions of other information.
- Needs to move about inside the classroom or campus to monitor students as necessary.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website