To provide for and ensure the safety of students as they enter crosswalks going to and from school.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Direct and control all student traffic at designated school zone crosswalks.
- Assist students in safely crossing streets in marked school zone crosswalks.
- Calmly control safe crossings in assigned school crossing zones.
- Pleasantly and professionally greet all students, parents, and staff.
- Watch for suspicious persons around school zones and school property and promptly report to supervisor or campus.
- Notify appropriate school or transportation personnel of traffic hazards and inadequately marked school zones.
- Work collaboratively with campus administrators and staff
- Communicate regularly with campus administrators and supervisor regarding situations, parent concerns, student issues or other relevant school related topics.
- Write down license plates of cars which disregard traffic directions and report to supervisor.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Knowledge basic traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, teachers and all other staff.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions of other information.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and/or carry at least 30 lbs.
- Exposure to extreme outside weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods up to 4 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand motions and use of both arms required.
- Ability to move in and out of crossing zone during shift.
Apply on company website