To assist the school principal in the direction and management of instructional programs and supervision of operations and personnel at campus level, provide leadership to ensure high standards, oversee curriculum development and skillful delivery to students. Assist in overseeing compliance with district policies, ensure success of instructional programs, and operation of all campus activities.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Embody the LISD Campus Leadership Profile, including establishing a clear focus, effectively managing change and creating a purposeful community.
- Establish a collaborative culture in which the LISD PLC Collective Commitments are evident.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical and responsible.
- Serve as administrative head of the school in the absence of the Principal.
- Work with faculty, parents, and students to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior and enhances the school climate.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
- Monitor instructional and managerial processes to ensure that program activities are related to program outcomes and use findings to take corrective actions.
- Implement processes and systems focused on growth for all students.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of educational programs.
- Develop, implement and monitor special projects as assigned by Principal.
- Provide leadership for continuous improvement of learning.
- Conduct conferences with parents, students and teachers concerning school and student issues.
- Communicate and promote expectations for high-level performance to staff and students.
- Requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment; conduct inventories, maintain records; verify receipts of such materials.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance to ensure a consistent focus on student learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Share supervisory responsibility for professional staff with school principal.
- Supervise teachers, paraprofessionals, clerical personnel and others as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Master's degree in education from an accredited university (must be completed within one year of hire).
- Texas Principal or other appropriate Texas certificate.
- Minimum of three years teaching experience, elementary level preferred.
- Knowledge of and involvement in curriculum and instruction.
- Skills in organization, communication, and interpersonal relations.
- Ability to coordinate campus support operations; communicate effectively, coordinate campus functions, evaluate instructional programs and teacher effectiveness, implement policies and procedures, interpret data, manage budget and staff, manage multiple priorities and projects, and use computer and application software.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. and frequent movement around the campus building and grounds.
- Frequently communicates with other employees or public. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Ability to compose material such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of limited scope or impact and to make presentations outside of the immediate work area.
- Use standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals.
- Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds.
- May be required to pass a SAMA or other crisis prevention training class.
- May be required to assist in crisis intervention.
- May work prolonged or irregular hours.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website