To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient place in which to learn, play and develop.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Check with front office, meet with Day and Night Custodians for pending issues, check e-mail and work with any machine needing preventive maintenance.
- For campus evening events as required, unlock restrooms, place trash cans, and set side tables.
- Develop and maintain a cleaning schedule that will include classroom floors, furniture, bathrooms, windows, facilities, and equipment.
- Monitor paper and soap dispensers for refills as needed.
- Take out trash from all classrooms, bathrooms and offices.
- Sanitize bathrooms in the designated area.
- Vacuum classroom, office, hallways and Multi-Purpose Room carpets.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Report promptly to the Administrative Assistant, Custodial Area Supervisor, Assistant Director of Custodial Services any acts of vandalism, defects, or accidental destruction that may prove injurious to students and staff.
- Assign staff for custodial duties when required for extra-curricular activities, or team cleaning in case of absences.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment and order additional supplies per order schedule.
- Ensure the building is secured during evening hours and energy management policies are followed.
- Monitor heating, cooling, and ventilation systems; reports any malfunctions to principal or Plant Services.
- Coordinate moving furniture and equipment as required.
- May be required the use of a lift to clean and dust high surfaces in MPR's and gyms.
- Must be able to work weekends when needed for scheduled school related activities.
- Must be able to cover the day shift, if needed, in coordination with the Custodial Supervisor.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide daily operational oversight to elementary school campus Custodians.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- General experience in custodial or cleaning work.
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques and procedures.
- Skill in the use of custodial materials, chemicals and equipment.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions and operate custodial equipment; read, write, and speak English to effectively communicate.
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions of other information.
- Must move about inside the building to perform custodial work.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to clean at higher levels.
- Constantly positions self to be able to reach items on floor or above head.
- Constantly standing and walking for long periods of work day.
- Frequently moves equipment, supplies, furniture or trash weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be exposed to strong smells from cleaning solutions.
- May be exposed to intermittent sounds of a loud nature.
- Operate medium weight cleaning equipment such as vacuum, floor buffer, and carpet extractor.
Apply on company website