To perform maintenance and repair of school properties and campus areas to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness and presentation of grounds to students, parents, school staff and the general public. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Required to use string trimmers.
- Operate deck mowers during mowing season.
- Cut and trim shrubs and trees as required.
- Police assigned areas for trash each day.
- Rake leaves, grass clippings and trash as required.
- Assist Building Maintenance staff to pull cable, set-up equipment, move heavy ladders/lifts, etc.
- Prepare athletic facilities for sporting events (i.e., line fields, trim and outline activity areas, clean up trash, check equipment, etc.).
- Assist auxiliary staff in moving equipment throughout the district, as required.
- Repair streets and parking lots.
- Commute to and from multiple facilities within the District as assigned, using District owned Vehicle.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- General experience in groundskeeping
- Valid Texas Class “C” Operator's Driver's License. Driving record must meet district standard for driving district vehicles.
- Knowledge of equipment for grounds care is desired.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions; operate the required equipment to complete the assigned tasks and have good vision, sense of smell, and speak clearly/be understood.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions of other information.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder.
- Constantly positions self to be able to reach items on ground or above head.
- Frequently moves items weighing up to 90 pounds.
- May be exposed to high or low outside temperatures.
- Frequently exposed to intermittent loud noises.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but will occasionally work in a loud area.
- Work in hot, dry, and dusty conditions as well as possibly cold, wet, and damp areas.
- Will work near or with moving mechanical equipment.
- Occasionally work with grounds or maintenance chemicals.
Apply on company website