To provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to be successful.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differentiation.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles, interests and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student progress and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to LISD requirements.
- Provide and seek assistance of LISD specialists as recommended to plan for instruction.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Seek assistance for students who are consistently performing below grade level.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of LISD.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Communicate student strengths and challenges to parents according to campus/district guidelines.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required according to campus/district deadlines established.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assigned teacher aide(s), student teacher(s), intern(s), beginning teacher(s) and volunteer(s).
General Qualification Guidelines:
- Bachelor's degree in education field or related field
- Valid Texas teaching certificate appropriate to subject and grade level assigned in which candidate is highly qualified by NCLB standards
- For teachers providing English Language Arts Reading instruction as the teacher of record, ESL certification is required.
- Experience in student teaching, internship, fieldwork, observation and all other placements required by universities or state approved programs for certification.
- May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during portions of work day.
- Needs to move about inside the classroom or campus to monitor students as necessary.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
- Occasional requires lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website