To perform general maintenance and repair of heating and air-conditioning units throughout district.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Perform trouble shooting techniques for heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems (control systems, mechanical problem symptoms, power supply-interruptions, etc.)
- Change filters, clean units, and perform preventative maintenance procedures (grease, clean, etc.)
- Complete repairs as requested on work orders or by maintenance supervisor.
- Commute to and from multiple facilities within the district as assigned using district owned vehicle.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Practice safe procedures while working with electricity.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Associate degree or certificate of completion from an approved HVAC trade school.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Universal Reclamation and Recovery certification). TX air condition/refrigeration contractor license or technician certification preferred.
- Two years experience in Commercial HVAC.
- Valid Texas Class “C” Operator's Driver's License. Driving record must meet district standard for driving district vehicles.
- Knowledge of HVAC and controls.
- Skill in reading and interpreting blueprints and manuals and troubleshooting complex mechanical systems and recommend corrective actions.
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions; establish and maintain effective working relationships with
- staff and the community; perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and policies and organize and prioritize work responsibilities.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions of other information.
- Must move about within building to perform maintenance work.
- Frequently ascends/descends a ladder.
- Constantly positions self to be able to reach items on ground or above head.
- Frequently moves items weighing up to 90 pounds.
- May be exposed to high or low outside temperatures.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but will occasionally work in a loud area.
- Work in hot, dry, and dusty conditions as well as possibly cold, wet, and damp areas.
- Regularly works indoors; will occasionally work outdoors.
- Will work near or with moving mechanical equipment.
- Occasionally work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as petroleum products, degreasers, and sprays and non-household dust.
- Hand tools (hammer, saws, wrenches, plier, etc.)
- Frequent use ladders.
- Vacuum pumps, micron gauge, refrigeration recovery machine, electronic scale, refrigeration gauges and other related equipment.
Apply on company website